Summer Job Posting
Posted May 3, 2018
Tasks and Responsibilities
Goal: to summarize and share important research on child care in Manitoba with potential allies with the end goal of strengthening not-for profit child care sector
- Summarize existing research on Manitoba’s child care system and the current policy environment, with a focus on child development and economic impact studies
- Develop accessible tools for use by boards of child care centres, workplaces and other potential allies on the important role of child care for children, parents and the workforce – ie. One-pagers, memes, infographics, short video
- Post these tools on relevant partner websites
- Secondary literature review
- Strong written communications skills and ability to write in populist, plain language
- Knowledge of programs for the creation of memes and attractive materials such as InDesign
- Knowledge of social media platforms (facebook, twitter, instagram)
- Supervised by CCPA MB director and advised by Child Care Coalition of Manitoba committee
Level of education
- Senior undergraduate student in Sociology, Social Work, Political and Cultural Studies, Creative Communications or student.
Priority will be given to students who identify as Indigenous, with a disability or from a visible minority. Student must be in enrolled in education full time.
Contract amount: 35 hours a week for 9.5 weeks @ $14.15/h
Start date: ASAP
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 11, 4 pm. Please include your resume and cover letter and include the job description: Child Care Research and Engagement in the ‘subject line’ of your email.
Funding in part from Canada Summer Jobs!