The Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives-Manitoba (CCPA-MB) is hiring students to work on research projects. The researchers will each be responsible for developing and implementing a research plan, including writing the final report. The research projects focus on housing in Manitoba.
- Working with CCPA-MB staff to develop and carry out a research plan, including literature reviews and primary research (interviews, focus groups)
- Writing and editing a research report
- Project management of research (organizing meetings, taking minutes)
Qualifications and Skills
- Current student in an undergraduate or graduate university program in the social sciences or related disciplines
- Excellent research, writing and communication skills
- Dedication to research and advocacy toward social and economic justice with an interest in urban poverty, community development and inner-city issues
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Experience conducting research with an emphasis on community based participatory research and implications for public policy
- Experience working with community-based organizations, people living in poverty and Indigenous people and communities
- Some experience in housing and community development policies and programs
The research projects will begin in July, and will be completed by the end of December. The researchers will be expected to manage their time appropriately to complete the final report by December.
The CCPA–MB is an independent, non-partisan research institute concerned with issues of social, economic and environmental justice. Founded in 1980, the CCPA is one of Canada’s leading progressive voices in public policy debates. CCPA has a national office in Ottawa, and provincial offices in British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Ontario, and Nova Scotia, as well as Manitoba.
Aboriginal students are encouraged to apply for these positions. Please self-identify in your cover letter.
Please submit a cover letter, CV/ résumé and writing sample by June 28st, 2013 to:
Molly McCracken, Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to all who apply; only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.