Program Coordinator for Next Up Winnipeg
Next Up is an intense leadership program for young people committed to social and environmental justice. We currently have programs in Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Saskatoon, Winnipeg and Ottawa. The program examines many social change topics combining theory, practice, deep thinking and hard skills.
The program provides participants with a look at some of the most pressing policy issues and where “progressive” thinking is at on these issues. It will ground participants in how change is made in society. Participants will meet innovative change-makers in Winnipeg— from the non-profit, public, and private sectors who are all working for a better world.
We are seeking a focused, passionate, motivated, and organized person to be our Winnipeg Program Coordinator. The role demands excellent organizational skills and a good knowledge of group dynamics, facilitation, and project management.
- Excellent knowledge of labour, social justice, environmental issues, and their interconnections
- Excellent knowledge of Winnipeg/Manitoba NGOs, labour, social justice, and environmental organizations
- Experience with social justice campaign work and community-based organizing
- Ability to work well with participants, volunteers, and committees
- Experience in community development and public education in order to build the capacity of diverse individuals and communities
- Experience coordinating projects, campaigns, and events
- Experience creating promotional and educational materials
- Self-directed and ability to take initiative in a semi-structured work environment
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with popular education and skills sharing
- Strong organizational, office coordination, and time management skills
- Experience with program design and development
- Experience with fund development and securing of resources for programming
- Ability to research, design and execute workshops for the purposes of capacity building
Coordinating all aspects of the Next Up Winnipeg program which include: coordinating workshops, attending program sessions, coordinating workshop guests, working with Winnipeg participants, liaising with coordinators in other cities, coordinating advisory committee meetings, the possibility of delivering some sessions, representing Next Up at events.
This is a part-time (15 hours a week) position from September 1st, 2016 through May 31, 2017. The position is remunerated at a rate of $21.50/hour plus 15% in lieu of benefits.
The deadline for applications is Tuesday August 23rd, 2016 at 11:00pm. Interviews will take place in Winnipeg on TBD.
We welcome and value the contributions that individuals who identify as members of marginalized communities bring to our organization, and encourage Indigenous people, people of colour, women, people identifying as LGBTQI, members of ethnic minorities, immigrants, and people with disabilities to apply.
By email: Please label your resume firstname_lastnameCV.doc and email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives – Manitoba
Unit 205 – 765 Main St. Winnipeg, MB R2W 3N5
Next Up is a project of the Global Youth Education Network Society and in Winnipeg partners with the Canadian Community Economic Development Network (CCEDNet) Manitoba and CCPA Manitoba.
Next Up thanks all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.