Next Up Winnipeg:
for young adults who want to change the world
Next Up was created by a community of people who wanted to help emerging leaders (that’s you!) develop new and better skills, smarts and ideas. The program is intense. Over 6.5 months, we’ll dive into a number of topics and disciplines, combining theory, practice, deep thinking, and hard skills. We’ll look at how change is made in society. We’ll meet some of the most innovative change-makers in Manitoba — from the non-profit, labour, business and public sectors and from Indigenous, settler and newcomer communities— who are working for a better world.
Who should apply? You are:
• Aged 18–32
• Passionate about changing the way the world works, and committed to being active at the centre of social change
• Certain that there are better ways for us to take care of each other and the planet
• Willing to take a risk, join a team, and learn more about yourself
What level of commitment is required from me, and when?
By joining Next Up you’re committing yourself to an extraordinarily
rigorous and exciting program. The program runs from Nov 19, 2016 to May 31, 2017and during that time you will:
• Attend one week-day evening session 6 – 9 pm per week
• Attend one day-long weekend session per month (Generally Saturdays from 10-4pm)
Next Up Manitoba local partners:
Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives – Manitoba, Canadian Community Economic
Development Network (CCEDNet) Manitoba.
Funded by the Winnipeg Foundation, United Food and Commercial Worker’s Union local 832, Manitoba Government Employee’s Union, The Catherine Donnelly Foundation, Manitoba Community Services Council and supported by the United Way of Winnipeg.